Ten day You Challenge – Post 3: Eight Fears
Writing about fears, right after writing on secrets and loves is so anti-climatic! But a challenge is a challenge and here I pen down my eight fears.
1. Illness – My one big fear is to get really sick and end up in bed/hospital etc. I have suffered from asthma as a child and I remember how I could not sleep during those nights. I hate the times I get a bad cold or a recurring fever. For me, health is truly the biggest wealth.
2. Writer’s Block – Having faced times when I simply could not write anything for years together, I really do not want to go through one more. My irregular blogging/writing in recent times got me really worried and I am now making a conscious effort to write more.
3. Spiders and cockroaches – If there are any insects/creepy crawlies that I truly fear, then they are these two creatures. *shudder*
4. Failure – And by that I don’t mean the general definition of ‘failure’ that society has laid down. I will not consider myself a failure if I don’t have a great job or don’t earn lakhs or fail to bag the best husband. I fear failure at upholding my own values and my own set of ideals that I have given to myself, which will make me ashamed of myself.
5. Losing dear ones – I fear death of my near and dear ones. I fear the accompanying feeling that I will experience in such a case.
6. Betrayal – Another of my fears is being betrayed in trust by people who matter to me, being let down at times of need by people on whom I count. It has happened with me so many times, but I always think positive and hope that this won’t happen to me again. But deep down, I am scared of knowing that once more, I have been betrayed.
7. Pain – I avoid pain like anything. More than the physical pain, it’s the mental one that I am wary of. I try and make myself invincible to any sort of mental agony, but do not succeed always.
8. Unhappiness – I want to be happy, always, in whatever small and insignificant way. I don’t want to crib and feel depressed and worn out from the vagaries of life. I go to great extent to keep stress and anxieties at bay. I hate it when I experience a particular bad day at work because I hate the feeling of being low. The sense of bliss is truly a god’s gift and I fear losing it.
Till now, this was the toughest for me. I really don’t have any fear of heights or water or darkness or closed spaces – the usual ones that people battle with. So I had to think hard to come up with eight fears. How many of you agree with them? Do you also fear the same?