Ten Day You Challenge – Post 1: Ten Secrets
I checked my Reader after quite a few days and discovered posts by the blogger-turned-author Preeti Shenoy where she is taking up the ten day you challenge. Here, one has to post for ten consecutive days on the topics given in the picture. I could not resist the temptation to indulge in so much narcissism 😉
My first post on “Ten Secrets about me” –
1. I wish I was born a man! In my childhood, I never behaved or dressed like a girl, which continued well into my teen years. I was a tomboy of the highest order, hanging out with boys, fighting physically with them, wearing only denim and shirts, had super short hair and detested girly weaknesses. 😉 I am no more against ‘being a woman’ now but somewhere deep inside that regret remains.
2. I have a tendency to judge a person by the books he/she reads. If he has no tolerance for books, then I have no tolerance for him; if he thinks the present day light reads are ‘literature’, I scoff at him and if he thinks reading newspaper and magazines count, then god save him from my indifference 😉 For me, not clothes but books maketh a man.
3. I think I hold the record for breaking the maximum number of school property 😉 I can’t even divulge details here, now that I know some of my teachers from school read my blog.
4. I can strike up conversation with random strangers in a jiffy. I can chat endlessly with people I meet during journeys – on the trains, on flights, on roads and even in parties where I do not know anybody except the host.
5. I am a huge foodie, but I have special love for momos, phuchka and samosa 😉
6. I am extremely choosy about movies. I hate going for random movies unless I have read the review in newspapers and internet and like it. It holds true for even the marathon movie watching sessions we used to have in law school hostel. Only after a web research, we used to settled down to watch the movie.
7. Talking of movie watching in hostel, we used to also watch a lot of series – Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother etc. But there is this one series which I totally loved – Full House, not the English one but the Korean one. It was a romantic series and there was this concept that saying ‘I love you‘ did not mean much but saying ‘I will protect you always‘ meant that the guy is absolutely serious about you. Lovely, isn’t it? Also, I always find the ‘bad boy’ fascinating – Chuck Bass (GG), Barney Stinson (HIMYM) and Min Hyuk (FH) 😀
8. If I love, I love with all my heart and with a burning passion; and if I hate, I also hate with equal force. Though I am yet to love passionately, but I have met at least two persons in my life whom I treat with fierce hatred. I am a true Scorp that way.
9. I love horror movies. I have a high tolerance level and it takes more than a woman clad in white sari making eerie sounds to get me scared. From the traditional “The Exorcist” to the unsettling “Grudge” and the spooky “Blairwitch Project” – I love ’em all. Here is a list to which, I somewhat agree.
10. Phew! the last one. Well, I don’t care much about appearances, but give me a man with the capacity to keep me engaged in interesting, stimulating conversation for hours and a sharp mind to challenge me and I will be interested 😉
When I started, I did not know what to write. Now I am looking forward to write about nine loves tomorrow 🙂 If you are interested, please do join in the fun.