5 reasons to go for a morning walk/jog
Right from 1st January 2010, I have started going for a morning walk everyday. As I am finding it increasingly difficult to motivate myself for the activity, I list down 5 reasons to go for a morning walk/jog, purely for self-motivational purpose. If you choose to get motivated too, well, good for you; its your life, anyways.
1. A few days back, I suddenly managed to fit into my old pair of jeans! Can it get any better? May be the old denim has just become loose or something, but still the psychological pleasure I derived from the incident has motivated me enough to clock an extra 15 minutes everyday. 🙂
2. If you wake up early, you get more hours per day at your disposal. You are at liberty to use them as you like. I like to use the extra time by reading a page or two of a book, which I was not being able to do previously. Ever since I joined office, my reading habits have gone down the drain. I am in the process of reviving it and at present have a pile of 4 unread books on my table 🙂
3. You also get some exclusive me-time for yourself. Throughout the day, you will have to run around, carry out responsibilities, get things done and be stressed for some reason or the other. In such a scenario, its simply wonderful to have 30/45 minutes or an hour when you can just be yourself with music and just your thoughts for company. Simply rejuvenating!
4. It does bring a difference in your lifestyle. You are more fit; and hence you are more positive, energetic and raring-to-go. When you stand before the mirror, you make a mental note of the positive changes (never mind, if there are none; because of your positive attitude, you are bound to notice even half an inch reduction in unwanted flab somewhere :-)) and resolve to put in some extra effort for faster results. You are in a happier mood, especially because you start receiving compliments. You need any more reasons now?
5. Ok, the final one. You shall realise for the first time that there actually are some guys in your neighbourhood who have great physique, run every the morning in their shorts, do impossible stretching exercises and are quite pleasant on the eyes 😉 Don’t you think it will be a nice start to the day? Never mind, you may just end up making nice morning walk/jog friends (with guys or gals alike) 🙂 And if you are a dog lover like I am, chances are that you will notice the cute dogs more than the cute guys 😉 And combine with it, the fresh morning breeze and you have a winning formula for a great start to your day every morning.
So are you going to lace up your walking/running shoes tomorrow?