The Year that was…
Few years in life are full of milestones and always remain etched in memory. One such year for me was 2004. I passed out of school, put some unpleasant incidents behind, managed to crack an all-India law entrance exam, entered the phase called ‘college days’ and began a whole new life 🙂
Similarly, 2009 will be cherished and remembered for reasons more than one –
1. It began with a job 🙂 On 8th January, I gave my first face-to-face interview of the season, got questioned for more than 40 minutes, waited for 3 hours for the results and yes, bagged it finally. Recruitment worries were over for me at that point of time. I knew, after 5 years of carefree college life, I had gained passport for entry into the professional world.
2. First job brought with it first experiences of a workplace. Worries, uncertainties, late nights, bosses, deadlines, clients, colleagues became part of life; work pressure and stress became part of my lingo; evening snacks time with colleagues became part of my routine, leading to a gain of FOUR unwanted kilos 😦 The year was suddenly all about juggling professional and personal life, with the former demanding a greater share. As I finish this year, I complete 9 months of work life!
Images copyright: Debosmita
3. Its strange how sometimes one tends to loose him/herself in a myriad complexities of life. Its equally strange when lesser-known facts about oneself are discovered, making life a bumpy ride. I realised that I tend to make the same mistake twice, with no lesson learn from past misadventures. I am glad that despite experiencing a few dark hours, I still have a bit of resilience left in me.
4. I gave rebirth to my blog and simultaneously, a rebirth to myself. As I started writing here, I began to be at ease with my own self and finally came out of the self-constructed shell of mine. After all, life is too short to mull over the few black patches, which are almost always hidden by the awesome rainbow colours. Blogging gave me some recognitions too. I participated in Blog-a-Ton 4 and received good reviews, my last post got selected as Blogadda’s Tangy Tuesday Pick and I also met some uber cool bloggers. Most importantly, I am back to my old passion of writing.
Image design copyright: Solilo
5. I never knew how I would feel if something I want actually happened in reality. This year presented me with that feeling, too.
What a year, sirji! As I bid this year goodbye, I hope and pray for an even more exciting and challenging 2010 for myself.
Image courtesy: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
P.S. I realise its the end of a decade! And I also remember that at the beginning of Y2K, I was in class VIII!!! How time flies!
Copyright Disclaimer: All images except the ones mentioned are sourced from Google Images. .